Monday, August 10, 2009

Using Generation Stamping to Add Perspective to your Stamped Images

I must be getting older because I am concerned about "generations" even in my stamping. :o) Generation stamping is an often forgotten technique that adds dimension and perspective. to your stamped images. Think of a pretty nature scene. The trees are different heights and different colors depending upon how the sunlight is falling on the branches.


Generation stamping is a very quick and simple way to add this dimension and perspective to your images. Here's how you do it...


Ink your image and stamp where you chose. Restamp without reinking. That is called Second Generation stamping. Stamp yet again without reinking and that is Third Generation stamping. In my example, I made sure not to plunk all the trees in a row. Had I done that, it would appear like they were a marching band in formation.



Notice the 2nd and 3rd Generation Stamping. Notice also how I overlapped the trees and changed the heights. This card was completed for today's Splitcoast Stampers Clean and Simple Challenge. A clean and simple card is one that only has limited layers and can be completed quickly....or like I like to say "Wow Power!" The special challenge today was to add some "bling" to the card. I used rhinestones to make a tree that was intermixed with my generation stamped forest. By the way, all supplies are Close To My Heart (of course) and the stamp set is CTMH's "The Beauty of Christmas."

Remember nature as life is not perfect. Give Generation Stamping a try. For Now, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

TannyP said...

Beautiful example of Generation stamping, Cindy!
I don't think it has anything to do with age ;)

laos348 said...

Very pretty card Cindy. I really like generation stamping - it can create such elegant images (like yours) with no extra effort. Great job!