Here is a door hanger that I hope catches someones eye....
Unfortunately, both CTMH stamp sets I used are retired. I have to admit that when I cut out the bees, I didn't want to be bothered cutting out the antennae. I just cut them off and added the glitter pipe cleaners. I think they work, what do you think?
I also made this altered cutting board hanger.
I covered the board with paper from the Jingles Creative Basic Paper Pack. I have found that the easiest way to cover an item is to measure and cut the paper around an inch larger than the project. I use a plain glue stick to adhere the paper. I line up the edges as best as I can to reduce the amount of trimming. I use a straight blade and carefully cut the excess. I sand all sizes with a emery board. One more tip, to give a finished look to an altered wood item, I always "stain" the areas not being covered with paper. I use a water based "stain" that I purchase at the LCS. It can be found with the little bottles of acrylic paint. I just squirt some on and wipe the item with a paper towel making sure to remove any excess. It dries in no time and gives the item a "finished" look.
To finish the cutting board, I got wooden letters. I mixed Juniper re-inker with pearl paint so that they perfectly matched the Jingles paper. The snowflakes were cut with a Sizzlet die and heat embossed with Silver Pearl Powder. The Tulip scallop circles were cut with a 2 inch punch. All the items were attached with glue dots. I added the jingle bell and beads in with the bow for interest.
Altered items are fun break from card making and we still get to play with paper. :o) For Now, Happy Crafting!