Friday, February 26, 2010

A Fun Folded Card

Well, we got another foot of snow in Philadelphia today. I am beginning to think that Scotty beamed me to the Arctic Circle. I heard on the news today that we have gotten more snow this year than Anchorage Alaska!

I am trying to use my days trapped in the house wisely. I am preparing for SPRING (yes cherish the word) Craft Fairs, the upcoming Close To My Heart STOM Blog Hop and even making a fun folded card.

I made this accordion folded card using an older Close To My Heart paper pack called "Perfect Day." What a great set of paper. Not only does it have several sheets of paper that are quite vintage elegant, but it also has a few sheets that are light hearted and fun.




This card was made by cutting a piece of Sorbet Card Stock to 12 x 5 1/2 inches. I scored it at the 4 and 8 inch marks and folded like an accordion. To make the front of the card, I heat embossed the image (from So Sweet My Acrylix set) and colored it by picking up ink from a stamp pad with a water brush. I did the flower shading with Tulip and Sorbet inks and the leaves were done with Juniper.

The stripe that is done on each of the panels is from one of the sheets from Perfect Day. I used it on each panel to maintain continuity on each. The hummingbird on the second panel was stamped in Cocoa, cut out and colored using using the same water brush technique. I used Juniper, Tulip, Sorbet and a little Gray Wool for shading.

The "Happy Birthday" on the back panel is from Fringed Phrases. This is the first time that I have tried coloring the My Acrylix stamps with markers and it worked! :o) I used that technique on the small flower on the back panel. I always make sure that I leave a spot to add personalization to any card that I make.

To close the card, I attached ribbon under the panels on the front and back section so the card will tie shut.

A shout out to my friend from across the pond, who suggested the color combinations on the card! :o) Perfect Day is a great paper pack. Sometimes, we forget to work with the "older" papers and the new stamp sets. What fun....

I am heading into a few crazy days at work so I may not have a chance to post. Don't forget the upcoming STOM, Blog Hop scheduled to kick off around 9:00pm, EST on February 28th! For, Now, Happy Crafting.

No comments: