Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Heat Embossing and Water Coloring

I can't believe that it has been a week since I have posted. Time flies when you are coping with 2 Blizzards.... :o)



I have been busy working on a Scrapbook to be entered into the CTMH Convention contest. Sorry, I can't share it yet....but trust that I have been working really hard on it!



I took some time off to complete a challenge that is on SplitCoast Stampers thread "Who Loves Close To My Heart and Why?" The challenge was to complete a card that was on a 6 x 6 Colonial White base. You were to only use Garden Green and Cocoa. You also had to add brads, ribbon, Liquid Glass, complete sponging and random stamping. Quite a lot of elements, I have to say.




I was able to complete all of the requirements. The hardest thing was the random stamping as I wanted to make sure that what I did accenting my main image. To replicate the center and petals of the sunflowers, I used the small dot and leaf from the Life's Delights My Acrylix set. One of the great things about the CTMH stamps is the "little" images that are always included. They are perfect for this type of work. The "dots" also mimic the brads in the upper corner.

The main image is from a new set called "Enjoy Every Moment." It is a wonderful set of line flowers that are just perfect for coloring. For this card, I heat embossed the image in cocoa powder and then colored it with my CTMH water color pencils. I have found that if you are not using water color paper, it is best to heat emboss your image before you color it. This process will help to "contain" the water when you blend. Brush the water on sparingly as not to "curl" the paper.

I hope that everyone is surviving the snow and it is off to work I go! For Now, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Milnie said...

Gorgeous card! love the flowers and the ribbon!

hugs and have a nice sunday!

Unknown said...

Love the muted colours. Great card.