Wednesday, April 14, 2010

National Scrapbooking Month

Tomorrow is a special day....no, I don't mean "Tax Day, " but rather the kick off of Close To My Heart's special kit designed to commemorate National Scrapbooking Month. The kit is called "Miracles" and it really is a special kit. It contains 2 sheets of specially designed pattern paper, card stock, a sheet of Stick-Ease, Irresistibles Die-Cuts, Colonial White Flip Flaps and full instructions.


I really love the papers. The main colors are Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf, Bamboo and Colonial White. So pretty. I was also happy to play with some embellishments that I probably would not have tried had I not gotten the set. The Irresistible Die Cuts are great. The shapes are very useful but what makes them most fun is the added "resist" material that is embedded in each piece. You sponge the chipboard with ink and some how, some way, the ink is resisted to produce additional texture. Even more fun are the Stick-Ease that match the die cuts for even more texture. Sweet Leaf and Crystal Blue are very versatile colors. You can color the die cuts to match the colors in your photos to tie the project together. The instructions include two separate layouts. Here is the layout I completed with my brand new kit.











Don't you just love the details?!? For the title "My Garden" I used Color Ready Letters. These are available in the Idea Book, but are not included in the kit. I didn't want a great deal of journaling on the pages.

The kit has enough supplies to even make a couple cards once you have completed the layouts! Here is a card that I completed after my layout was complete. By the way, the stamp is a sneak peak of a new My Acrylix stamp set in the soon to be released Summer Idea Book. It is called "A Flutter." I have another sneak peak of a new product called Glitz....a very easy to work with Glitter Glue!



If you look closely at the butterfly, I initially loaded my stamp with Sweet Leaf. I then took a dauber and lightly touched the stamp with Crystal Blue.

Miracle is a great kit. It is only available April 15th through May 31st (or while supplies last.) The kit costs $20. It can be purchased for $10 if you place a $40 order or even better $5 if you spend $60. You can even earn the kit for free if you host a gathering with over $300 in orders or sign up to be a Consultant during the time period. Visit my website for your chance to get the great kit.

It was nice to take a break from my Craft Fair projects and create such great projects. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: