Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ribbon and Paper

The last few days, I have been very busy at work. If you will remember, I am the Classroom Coordinator at a Big Box Craft store. One of my responsibilities is to make and then demo items and tools as they become available in the store. This week, the product I was given to work with is called a "Bowdabra." What a handy and easy to use gizmo! Whenever I have a tool to demo, I try to come up with an unusual use to show the customers....hummmmm....When most people think of bows, they think wreaths and packages. How can I combine paper with the bow.....hummmmm. I then thought of the PaperCraft Planet 3D Challenge from a week or so ago. The challenge was to make "Poofy" flowers. These are great flowers and the link to PCP is here.

The floral designer in the store is a good friend so I didn't want to "step on her toes" and make a wreath using silk flowers. So, I made a wreath using paper poofy flowers! I cut the flowers using the Cricut. I also cut a second pattern of petals and assembled to add interest to the wreath.









Really simple and different. I attached all of the flowers, leaves (also cut on the Cricut, sponged with ink and glittered) and the bow with a hot glue gun.


As luck would have it, I needed a bow for a Bridal Shower package. So, I might as well knock of 2 birds with one stone, right? :o) The Bowdabra is made so that you can add embellishments into the bow before you tie it off. I used my scallop and circle punch and stamped an umbrella. I made two of these and affixed them to either side of amatching pipe cleaner. That way there was a stamped image regardless of which way you looked at the bow. I worked the pipe cleaner into the design of the bow.




The umbrella is stamped in Moonstruck and is from Thoughtful Seasons. The pink color is Watermelon card stock. The flowers on the wreath are not CTMH as I had to use what was available to me at the store.


I am really liking this Bowdarbra and have many more ideas on how to coordinate ribbon and paper! For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: