Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Holiday Card

See, I really am trying to be better about posting my work! :o) I felt like coloring today and I hadn't had a chance to use this stamp yet this year. Rudolph is from a CTMH set called Santa's List. It was issued last year but I think it remains a great set.

The card is done on a standard A2 base of Colonial White. The pattern paper is from Mistletoe...the new Holiday Paper this year...love, love, love it. Rudolph is heat embossed in Cocoa powder and colored with my Prisma Pencils. I used Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits) to blend the colors. Gamsol is a fun medium to work with. Prisma Pencils are wax based. The Gamsol "melts" the wax and thus helps with the blending of colors. I added a few cranberry sparkles for bling and the card was done!

It is soon time for me to head off to class. I continue to teach scrapbooking at now three local "big box" craft stores. Keeps me quite busy but it is great fun. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: