Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Close To My Heart CAS Card

I really like doing these clean and simple cards. After you have thought out the design, they really don't take that long because the beauty of the card is IN the design...not the layers...not the embellishments...not the fuss.

This card was made using Close To My Heart's great paper packet called Miracles. I just love the soft blues and greens.






The card is done on an A2 base of Colonial White card stock. I used a technique called "ink resist" on the focal point mat. I heat embossed both the flourish and sentiment in Olive embossing powder. One it had cooled, I heavily sponged a mixture of Crystal Blue and Sweet Leaf all over the mat. The ink will not cover the embossing and it gives a lovely shaded look. What do you think? The butterflies were cut from Crystal Blue and Opaque Pearls were added for their little bodies. A quick simple card with elegant results.


Product List: CTMH - Miracle Paper Packet, Crystal Blue, Sweet Leaf and Colonial White Card stock. CTMH - Crystal Blue and Sweet Leaf inks. CTMH - Delightful Things and Carefree Days. CTMH - Olive Embossing Powder and Versamark ink. CTMH - Pearls


I was inspired to use "Miracles" yesterday because look what I found when I walked out my front door...



Truly a "Miracle" how those Snowdrops poked up through the snow. Spring CAN'T be far away. For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

I love those butterflies and the whole card is so elegant too! I could use a snowdrop or two here also! TFS