Friday, February 4, 2011

Close To My Heart Mix and Mingle Bell Pull

This winter is the pits! I don't think it even matters where you live either. Here in the Philadelphia area we have had snow, ice, wind freezing rain...just this week alone and the weather people have issued yet another alert starting this afternoon until 10:00pm TOMORROW! AHHHH I am struggling to decide if I should delay my Idea Book kick off party even...Everyone is soooo ready for spring.
Way back when the weather was warm and I went to Convention, I got a Mix and Mingle album. These alterable part acrylic and part chipboard albums are terrific. Each piece measures 4 inches square and once completed are connected together with jump rings. I have been waiting for the right time to use it. A hanging bell pull to welcome spring seemed the perfect opportunity.

I used a variety of fun products and techniques to complete this bell pull. The album actually comes with 3 acrylic and 5 chip board pages. My plan to to use the other pieces on a stand up picture frame and a sticky note holder. Quite a value for the money. Anyway, I will share pictures of the individual panels and explain how I made them.

Panel 1


Panel 1 is made using a chipboard piece. It was covered with Crystal Blue card stock. I added a piece of pattern paper from the new Miracle paper packet. The 2nd layer was completed by painting a wash of Pearl Paint mixed with Sweet Leaf re-inker onto Colonial White. When it dried, I randomly stamped in Olive, the large flourish from the Circle of Love stamp set. The tag was cut from Bamboo using my Cuttlebug, the edges were stamped in Olive with the small flourish in the same set. I sponged the edges in Bamboo. The roses were made by rolling card stock that had been cut into a spiral. The leaves were made using my MS rose leaf punch. The butterfly was sponged in Blush and is from the Miracle Irresistibles set. Pink Sparkles were added for bling. BTW - the hanger was made by threading Sweet Leaf ribbon through the holes in the top. One side of the stitching on the ribbon was gathered to make the medallion and another chipboard piece was sponged and attached for the center.

Panel 2

This panel is done on acrylic. The butterfly and bracket are both from the Miracle Irresistables and were sponged with Blush, Crystal Blue and Sweet Leaf. The roses are rolled Blush card stock and the leaves again are made using the punch. There are more Sparkles for Bling. Attaching items to acrylic is easy when you know how! I use CTMH Liquid Glass. Because it dries clear, you will never see adhesive on the back side!

Panel 3



Panel 3 is very similar to Panel 2. Chipboard that has been sponged and attached to the acrylic piece with Liquid Glass. On this panel, I repeated the medallion element also.


Panel 4


The fourth and final panel returns to covered chipboard. It was covered and matted the same way that the first panel was except this time a wash of Pearl Paint and Crystal Blue re-inker was used. The grass was made by stamping the grass image from "A Hop" onto Colonial White card stock in Olive and New England Ivy. The rose stems are from "Smiles" and were stamped in New England Ivy. The roses were made the same way and the butterfly is also an Irresistables. "Spring" is made from stickers that were sponged in Blush. I added Twinkle brads in the lower corners to finish the project.

Complete Product List


Stamp Sets: Welcome Home, Circle of Life, Smiles, A Hop

Colors: (card stock, ink pads and re-inker) Blush, Crystal Blue, New England Ivy, Olive, Bamboo, Colonial White, Sweet Leaf

Paper Packet: Miracle

Other Items: Sparkles, Sweet Leaf Ribbon, Miracle Irresistables, Liquid Glass, Glue Dots, Color Ready Alphabet Stickers, Cuttlebug and Mix and Mingle Album


Here is the completed Bell Pull one more time...

I hope that everyone stays safe in this nasty weather and let's not forget to "Welcome Spring." For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: