Monday, February 7, 2011

A Close To My Heart Clean and Simple Card Using a Flourish

Time for another challenge! :o) Before I started my major project (to be posted at a later date)for the day, I checked out the Splitcoast Stampers website for the usual Monday Clean and Simple Challenge. It has been mentioned before, but a Clean and Simple card (CAS) is one that focuses on design not "frills." This weeks challenge was to use red, yellow and peach on a card. Delightful spring colors and I am sooooo ready for spring.


The use of a "flourish" on a card or scrapbook page is trendy right now. But, if not done properly, a flourish can weigh down or clutter a project. A flourish, like any other embellishment should help the eye move across the project and highlight the focal point.



For this card, I used the largest flourish stamp found in the Close To My Heart set called "Cherished Flourishes." I purposely stamped it (Sorbet ink) on an angle so that it would be a base for my focal point. The frame for the sentiment was stamped in Tulip ink and cut out. Thank You was also stamped in Tulip. It was attached just slightly overlapping the flourish. As a small embellishment I used the rock and roll stamping technique for the small flower (Creme Brulee and Sorbet inks), cut it out and added a small Tulip brad to the center. Using a pop up dot, it was attached to the corner of the sentiment frame. I added the Tulip ribbon to the bottom as an anchor for the flourish.

Supply List (All Close To My Heart Products)

Card Stock: Colonial White, Tulip, Creme Brulee, Sorbet

Inks: Tulip, Creme Brulee, Sorbert

Stamp Sets: Cherished Flourishes, Unity, Tag the Occasion

Accessories: Tulip Ribbon, Tulip Brad and Pop Dot

A flourish can be used to add motion, as an accent or to highlight the main focal point on either a scrapbook page or card. Don't be afraid to give a flourish a try. For Now, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Sheila Bennett said...

Very pretty card, great use of the flourish stamp. And the colors are awesome.

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! its designed so gorgeously i like it...
Plastic card printing
Plastic cards