Monday, March 21, 2011

City Crafter Challenge #48

Well, I have to say that this week's challenge over at City Crafter Challenge Blog has had me going... :o) The challenge this week is to create a card with a crown. I rummaged through EVERY stamp I owned and didn't have one crown! AHHH...next I turned to my Cricut and finally found something!



The card is a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch trifold base. The cartridge I used is called Paisley. Each Cricut cartridge has different options for images, cards and shapes...all depends on the individual cartridge. This particular cartridge has the option for the trifold card. The crown is cut from the center and there are small cuts and a tab on the back. I then used another option to cut the pattern paper image to place over the White Daisy card stock base. I lined the "hole" created by the crown cut out inside with white glitter paper. I gathered the pink ribbon, added the beads to the jewelry finding, attached the photo clip and buttons and lastly matted the sentiment.

This card proves that you can't ever "forget" what you have in your stash! :o) Thanks again to the gals at City Crafters Challenge. For Now, Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

How beautiful and fun too!! I am making the time to hop and see the beautiful things like this I have been missing!!

cnelson said...

so fabulous! LOVE the glitter!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is pretty + sweet, I am glad you "found" the crown to play along with us, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB! Always good to have you here!

Ros said...

... And a stunning crown it is too ... thanks so much Cindy ... for playing along each week ... we appreciate it here at CCCB

Unknown said...

So glad you found that crown.. It is a beauty.. So is your card. And that sentiment made me smile..

Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!