Friday, April 8, 2011

Close To My Heart Mix and Mingle Picture Frame

A little while ago, I posted about CTMH's Mix and Mingle Acrylic Albums and showed you a Bell Pull that I had made. It is a fun piece and one of the projects that I will be teaching at my upcoming workshop. A Mix and Mingle Album is a fun alterable item that includes 5 pieces of chipboard and 3 pieces of coordinating acrylic. I had a few pieces left over after the Bell Pull, so, here is the Mix and Mingle Photo Frame that I will also be featuring in my workshop on April 16th.


Just like the Bell Pull that I made, this photo frame features the Miracle Paper Packet. The roses were made using a stamp set called "Spring Up." What a fun stamp set. One of the images is a flower with a squiggle line in it. After you stamp the image, it is cut out and rolled to form the roses....a very quick and easy way to make paper flowers. An easy way to secure the rolled rose is with Liquid Glass. One can just not say enough about Liquid Glass. It is an adhesive, a texturing agent, a way to create an ink resist image...the possibilities are endless. I even used Liquid Glass to adhere the strips of Bamboo card stock on the center acrylic frame. By the way, those are Mocha Opaques in the center of the paper roses.


If you are in the Philadelphia PA area on April 16th and would like to join in the workshop, please email me. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: