Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Experimenting With Color...CTMH Mayberry Papers

One of the most important and sometimes challenging aspects of creating a card or scrapbook layout is the use of color. We accumulate piles of paper and never quite know what "goes together." A great thing about the Close To My Heart paper packets is that all of the "matching" has been done for you! There is actually scientific theory behind why colors match and why certain colors are more appealing to our eyes. I have "tested" the CTMH colors and they are scientifically accurate! In the coming weeks, I shall share some of the theory and ways to select pleasing colors, but for now, keep in mind that if it is pleasing to your eye, it is never wrong.

The 365 Cards Blog Challenge Day 49 is a challenge for us to use colors on a card that we would not normally "put together." I chose to use the Mayberry Paper Packet. My card base is done in Olive with a Cocoa mat. Prior to this challenge, I would not have made Olive and Cocoa as the focal colors of my project.



I purposely did a very simple layout because I wanted to see if the colors appealed to me before I made a more elaborate card. Remember, there is a "reason" that our eye is drawn to certain color combinations and in the coming weeks, I will share those reasons. The more important thing is to use colors that appeal to YOUR eye. For Now, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

this challenge is so interesting! i'm finding that i LOVE color combos that other people would never use.. haha. great job! beautiful card!

Mark Angel said...

What a sweet Card

Cheryl said...

What a neat color combination - I would never have thought of it!