Wednesday, May 25, 2011

You And Me and Close To My Heart!

I haven't had the opportunity to mention that this month, Close To My Heart has a terrific kit in celebration of National Scrapbooking Month.  The kit is called "You And Me" and contains papers, a D sized stamp set, Opaques, Chipboard and Ribbon!  Wow...what a kit!

Ok, it's National Scrapbooking Month, but give me paper and I have to make a card.  :o)  This card is an A2 tent fold card that features all the goodies from kit.  The only things I added were the Chocolate card base and the Chocolate and Smoothie Inks.  The pattern papers, chipboard circle, Opaques (pearls) and stamped tickets, faux stitching and the sentiment are all in the kit!

Well, since it is actually a scrapbooking kit, I had to share the Layout that I completed using this kit.  If you remember, I mentioned earlier that I had lost a good friend earlier this month.  Since the papers work perfectly for a masculine layout, I decided to do a LO in his memory.
I did change the layout slightly from the included kit sketch.  Instead of using the chipboard letters for the title, I used the Bingo Alphabet (D1478) for "remember."  I stamped each letter and punched them out using the 1 1/4 circle punch.  I matted them using a 1 1/2 punch that I had in my stash.  I also added the Fleur De Lees instead of the tickets.
I tried something on this layout that I've never done before.  CTMH has these terrific gizmo's called "Flip Flaps."  If you look closely at the 2nd photo of the LO, you'll see that the pictures are different.  What "Flip Flaps" allow you to do is add additional photos to a LO without altering the sketch.  They come in different sizes and easily attach to your page protectors!  I used a 4 x 6 "Flip Flap" here, but they also come in 12 inch lengths and a variety of widths.  I don't know why I waited so long to use them!

One more thing about this terrific kit...If you sign up to be a Consultant this month you will receive it free!  And, if you sign up this month to be a Consultant, the cost is a mere $65!  I love being a Consultant and if you have ever considered it, May is the month to take the plunge.  Feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

Sometimes its fun to break out of your pattern and try something different.  I realized do this LO that I just don't scrapbook enought.  What about you?  For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Annette_Marlow said...

I love it, I completely agree with breaking out of a pattern! I am always finding things to change when making cards and layouts... I think the only time I follow them is if I "have" to lol. This is just fabulous, I hope you are doing well, I know how incredibly hard it is to lose a friend to cancer!