Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Day of Creativity!

I was stuck at home today while I got my car inspected so I had plenty of time to create.  The first card I made was for the upcoming Thursday Copic Challenge at Simply Scrapping Crafts.  I can't post that card yet, but I promise I will later in the week.

The other day I treated myself to a Copic Air Brush system.  We learned how to use it at the Copic Certification class last week.  I bought the beginner system (ABS-2) because I wanted to see if I liked air brushing before I spent more money.  With this system, the air grip handle screws directly onto a can of "air."  It is a very simple and easy to use air brush.  You merely slid the pens into the air grip and away you go!
To make this card, I used my Nesties to cut the oval.  I randomly stamped a twig image from the CTMH "Something Splendid" stamp set.  When the ink was dry, I grabbed my new air gun.  First I sprayed the upper portion of the oval with BG15 using a swiping motion.  Then I changed the pen color to B21 and sprayed another stripe.  I continued the process with Y38, YG95 and YG99.  When the area was dry, I stamped "dreams" in the upper left hand corner.  The card stock colors include Cocoa, Olive and Honey and the pattern paper is from Mayberry.  The "dots" are Liquid Pearls.  Stay tuned, because as time goes on, I'll explain what the color numbers mean.

Another card I made today is for the current SSC Clean and Simple challenge.  The challenge was to complete a card using buttons...
This is a fun and simple card using images from You and Me, Smiles and Baby Love.  The colors include White Daisy, Hollyhock and Pear.

I hope that everyone had a creative day.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Annette_Marlow said...

I love the buttons!!! I keep going back to the card you sent me with the goodies and I just lalalove it! Are the buttons CTMH?! If they are I've got to get some!! The sentiment too... CTMH?!...