Friday, February 24, 2012

CTMH Magic

I remain very very busy creating!  I wanted to share a scrapbook layout that I've wanted to create for a long time.  The gals pictured are members of one of my monthly workshops and I plan to proudly display it at my studio.    The layout is from CTMH MagicMagic is the latest of the "how to" books.  The book contacts wonderful interactive layouts and helps you add dimension and fun to your artwork.  Sadly, we have learned that this is the last Idea Book that these great books will be available.
The layout features the Roxie paper packet along with several fun techniques and embellishments.  I used my Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to make those great flowers along with the letters and the covering for the chipboard banner.  I heat embossed the the flourishes in Cranberry powder and ink distressed over the embossing to make it stand out.  This ink resist technique is a really simple and fun way to add depth to your projects.  Remember I said that Magic contained interactive elements?  Look on the first page of the spread...you don't see it do you?  Now look....  :o)

Magic comes with a DVD for you to print out the templates to make these fun elements.  In this case, the picture slides up just like an easel card to reveal hidden journaling.
This is a close up of some of the ink resist I completed in the lower corner.  You can see how the embossing and the ink really add to the page.  Also pictured are 3 samples of the flowers that you can make with the Art Philosophy cartridge.  Those great bling buttons and pins are from an embellishment packet called "Bling Buttons."

There are six great "How to" books that will be going away in August.  I can't stress how these books have really helped me elevate my artwork.  Contact me if you would like to order one or visit my website.  I had a great deal of fun creating this page.  If you've ever attended one of my workshops, look closely...you may be pictured.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Cindy, awesome page!!! I love all the little details. Great job! Hey, and I recognize one of those gals :0)