Friday, May 4, 2012

Fiesta...A Copic Coloring Challenge

It was my turn today to play hostess for the monthly Copic Coloring Challenge on Crafting By Designs.  Since tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo, I couldn't resist the temptation to make a card featuring a Martguerita.  :o) 

I have no clue where or when I got that great Martguerita glass.  The sentiment is from Rubber Cottage.  The pleated paper is from "Dotty For You"...the CTMH special for this month.  What a terrific deal...if you spend $35 on products in the current Idea Book, you can get the paper packet (24 brightly colored papers) for $5!  The lace doily and lace edge were both cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.

Anyone who know me well, knows that the place to be for Marguerite's during the summer is the Leek's patio.  DH makes the best Marguerite's as many "sloshed" friends will attest.  I thought I would share his recipe (but don't tell him.)

Rick's Major League Margaritas
18oz. prepared Martguerita Mix
5oz. Triple Sec or 3oz Cointreau
8oz. Tequila
1 Tablespoon Sugar
Splash of 7Up
Ice

Mix half portions of all the ingredients in blender with 7 ice cubes.  Blend until smooth.  Pour second half of ingredients into blender and fill with ice until 2 inches from top of blender.  Blend for 30 seconds.  Add 7Up and sugar and blend for another 10 seconds.  Serve immediately and store remainder until sober enough for second drink!


By the way, the challenge at Crafting By Designs is a photo inspiration challenge so I thought I would also share the inspiration.



I love that photo!  Don't forget to check out Crafting By Designs.  It is a great website to help you keep your creative juices going and a way to make new friends.  Also, don't forget about Dotty For You.  It really is a great deal.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: