Saturday, May 5, 2012

National Scrapbooking Day

Celebrate...It's National Scrapbooking Day!  Before I headed out to work today, I had to post two scrapbook layouts I did in honor of this annual event. 
There are many fun elements in this seemingly simple layout.  The pattern papers are from "Dotty For You."  I had to use those papers as "Dotty For You" is the CTMH special paper packet in honor of Scrapbooking month. 
To make the title, I covered a scalloped piece of chipboard with Pear card stock.  It was sanded and then "Picture Perfect" from the Instant Memories stamp set was stamped in Lagoon.  The flourish (also from Instant Memories" was rock and roll stamped with Pear and Lagoon onto Colonial White..  Last but not least, I punched scallop circles from Gray Wool.  Using those wonderful fibers from my cross stitch stash, I did Spirelli wrapping.  If you attend my monthly workshops, keep your eyeballs peeled...this is one of the techniques that we will be doing shortly.  :o)
This is a totally different style layout that I did as a store sample.  The two corners are heat embossed in gold and then using Tim Holtz inks, I did ink resist sponging.  The papers are from EK Success and Recollections.  My intent for this layout is either a wedding or heritage page.

This is what is so much fun about scrapbooking!  These 2 layouts are so totally different.  The type of layout, the papers and techniques used help tell the story of the memories you preserve.  Well, it's time to head out to the store to enable many more people to enjoy the wonderful world of scrapbooking.  Enjoy the day and For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: