Friday, August 31, 2012

A Display Box featuring CTMH La Belle Vie

I was finally able to get decent pictures of my latest project!  I have had this Tim Holtz Configurations Box for months and just never knew what to do with it.  Then, Close To My Heart released the Fall Idea Book and we had La Belle Vie.  The minute I saw that paper packet, I knew that it would be perfect for my ideas.


 
I have to admit that this home decor project is a combination of my different brands.  There are several little "trinkets" from the Tim Holtz collection including the keys, charms, tissue tape and of course the box and its feet.  The chess pieces are from Bead Landing.  But, the rest is all Close To My Heart!  The box is covered using the papers from La Belle Vie. 
 
 

The butterflies and rolled flowers feature the 2 speciality colors from the paper packet called La Belle Vie Mauve and La Belle Vie Pink. By the way, the flowers and butterflies along with the leaves and flourishes in the top corner with cut using the Artiste Cartridge. LOVE IT! :o)

 
Speaking of the Artiste Cartridge, the cameo was cut on the cartridge in Bamboo and Black and then covered with Liquid Glass.  I used the new Pigment Ink (Olive) to stamp the sentiment..."The Best Things" (C1503.)  The flourish in the "cherished" box is also stamped the same way and is from the same set. 

I really had fun creating this box and I have decided that it will be one of the items for the Bag Auction at the September 29th Operation Smile Crop.  Don't forget about that crop...It is being held just outside of Philadelphia and if you are in the area, please contact me to join in on the fun.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Karen Fullam said...

Beautiful job! I love the newspaper print on the box cover.