Friday, August 3, 2012

Pear and Partridge CTMH Cardinal

Here in Philadelphia, we are heading into 6th heat wave!  I love summer, but this is getting crazy.  It was my turn to hostess the Copic Coloring Challenge over at the Crafting By Designs site so I thought it would be fun to create something that might help us have "cool" thoughts.
This was also the perfect time to make my first card with some of the new CTMH colors, holiday paper and one of my new stamps.  The card base is Cashmere....one of the 6 new colors.  The pattern paper is from Pear and Partridge...love this Christmas paper!  That gorgeous cardinal is from "To You and Yours" (B1403.)  The holly and sentiment are also included in the set. 
The coloring is done with my Copics.  Everyone knows that I love my Copics....but did you know that Close To My Heart now has alcohol markers?!?  I don't have mine yet, but I can't wait!  The numbering system is much easier to understand because when you purchase a marker (CTMH color name) you get 2 markers!  One shade is lighter and the other a shade darker but both are called by the same name.  How simple is is that!  Shading made easy.  We did get the Cotton Candy markers at Convention and I am really pleased with the results....you can see one of the cards I made using them here.  Can't wait to get my hands on more and for only $5.95 for 2 it won't take long for me to get my set.  :o)

Well, it's off to work I go....keep cool and safe everyone.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: