Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A CTMH Pear and Partridge Christmas Card

I feel so badly for my friends in New Jersey.  Hurricane Sandy and wreaked a path of destruction up and down the East Coast.  Here, just outside of Philadelphia, we had a share of damage, too.  I was lucky...only lost the cable for a day.  But there are many still without power and even without their homes.

I wanted to take a break from CNN and the Weather Channel, so I decided to work on a Christmas Card. 
Who doesn't enjoy seeing a Christmas Wreath on their front door?  To make this card, I cut a piece of Cranberry Card Stock and scored and sanded it to mimic a door frame.  I mounted it on Cocoa card stock to mimic the door frame.  The wreath is from the stamp set that I will be using to create not only my monthly workshop but also my next "Project Pieces" card kit.  The set is called "Merry and Bright" (C1510).  I stamped it in Olive on Colonial White and then colored the flowers with Cranberry alcohol marker.  The "wall" is cut from Cashmere and the pattern paper is from Pear and Partridge.  Love this year's Christmas paper!
 
I always like to make sure that the details are taken care of...if you look closely, there is a brad for a door knob and Jack Frost is nipping at the door windows.  That is Cranberry Baker's Twine acting as the garland.
 
Check back as I continue to develop my card kit for the month, a card similar to this one may just appear.  Again, my heart goes out to those caught in the wake of Hurricane Sandy.  Please, everyone, be safe.  For Now, Happy Crafting!





No comments: