Saturday, February 2, 2013

"Bonjour" The new CTMH Spring Idea Book is Here!

Finally, the new Close To My Heart Spring/Summer Idea Book has been released.  What a terrific selection of new products.  I've given you a few sneak peeks and here is the card that I made to celebrate the release.

 
 
 
The pattern paper is from the new black and white set called "For Always."  While, the Idea Book features it as a "wedding theme." it is perfect for just about anything.  For this card, I used Ruby, Black, White Daisy and Whisper as the accent colors.  The kit also features it with Lagoon and Honey, but picture it with Sweet Leaf, Crystal Blue or Blush.  The possibilities are endless.
 
I wanted to show the versatility of "For Always" when I designed this card.  I used the "Bonjour" stamp set (B1414) for the sentiment.  The Eiffel Tower and Cameo were cut on my Cricut using the Artiste cartridge.  If you haven't tried that cartridge yet, check it out on my website....it is terrific.  Anyway, to add texture to the Eiffel Tower, I scored it, sanded it and then inked it using a stipple brush.  For the Cameo, I cut the image and positioned it with repositionable adhesive on the oval that is created when you cut the cameo frame.  I sponged around the face with Ruby and when it was removed, I was left with the negative image.  One of the other fun things new products I used were the acrylic flowers.  They are in the "Claire Assortment" (Z1813) and are clear.  I colored them using my Ruby CTMH alcohol marker.  I also colored the sparkles on the Cameo frame.  That is the great thing about alcohol markers....you can use them to color on non-porous surfaces.
 
There is one last fun thing about this card.  The sketch is from "Originals,"  the terrific how to book that had been discontinued but is again available.  Stop by my website and check out all of the new paper packets and embellishments in the new Idea Book.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: