Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Cute Altered Door Hanger

Ohhhhh...I'm pooped....Yesterday I had a great Card Workshop at my house. That's why I haven't had much time to post in the last few days. Later today, I hope to have a chance to share more of the fun.

The other day I took a break from prepping for the workshop and made this cute altered door hanger.



To make this door hanger, I used a wooden hanger I purchased at a local craft store. Here are the steps to make it:

1. Sand the edges and sides smooth

2. Trace the hanger on cardstock and cut out. I learned (the hard way) to make the first cut out a tag larger than the hanger.

3. Attach the CS securing. I used my Glue Glider.

4. Using your craft knife and craft mat, very carefully, cut around the edges for a smooth covering.

5. Sand around the edges again. This will ensure that the CS is adhered securely and finish off the edging.

6. Cut a piece of pattern paper the width of the hanger and approximate 2 1/2 inches high.

7. Make a mental note of the position of the pattern paper. Brayer the grass. Load your brayer and just swoop across the CS that had been adhered to the hanger. I double checked to make sure the pattern paper would cover the lower edge of the "grass."

8. Close To My Heart Stamps are perfect for the next step. In this case the set "Sweet Baby" was used. I've posted about this set before. The clear My Acrylix stamps make is so easy to position stems and flowers. You also have the ability to slightly bend flower stems (or any stamp) to make them more natural. Think about it, how many flower stems have you seen that stand straight up? :o) I stamped the stems and flowers altering the position of each flower.

9. Attach the Pattern Paper flush with the bottom of the hanger.

10. Stamp the "ZZZZZ..."

11. Stamp the Sweet Baby wording and the top.

12. Cut 2 pieces of ribbon each 3 inches and tie around the hanger portion.

Paper
CTMH – Animal Cookies and White Daisy
Stamps
CTMH – Sweet Baby and Classmate Alphabet
Ink – Stamp Pads
CTMH – Tulip, Clover Green, Dutch Blue and Sunflower
Accessories
CTMH - Ribbon

What a fun project and once again, a simple item with "Wow Power!" For Now, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Cute door hanger! Glad to hear you had a good card workshop.

Shirley said...

great for those of us who sleep into the am.