Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thank You Card Set

Did you ever have one of those days? Well, that was my yesterday. Everything I touched goofed up....I dropped an open ink pad on a completed card....I was working on an acrylic mini-album and the alcohol inks smeared 3 times...I was heat embossing an image and burnt the paper....need I go on? :o)

I did manage to get one good thing done yesterday. I completed an entire thank you card set and a matching storage box. Image what I could have gotten done if I hadn't had a "bad" day!



What makes this set so special (besides it being so cute) is that it is made with a soon to be retired Close To My Heart paper pack. Yes, it is that time of year when CTMH releases the list of products that will no longer be available after December 31, 2009 or while the supply lasts. I put the full list of the papers is on my side bar. Don't forget you can check what the papers look like by doing a search on my website. The link can be found on my sidebar.

I used Enchanted for for my pattern paper. It is a "fallish" set using Garden Green, Autumn Terra Cotta, Sunflower and Smokey Plum as the coordinating colors. I used all the colors in these examples. The stamp set I used was "Whooo Loves You." I cut out and popped up the Owls, used sponging and paper tearing on these quick and cute cards. The sketches are from the Wishes Card Confidence book. By the way, I wanted to mention that I used a CTMH product called Waxy Flax for the first time in this project. Waxy Flax is a fiber that looks like embroidery floss that is coated some way. It is pliable enough to thread a button, but stiff enough to not need a needle. You can even "sew" with it without using a needle! What a frugal purchase....

Off to make more cards! For Now, Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Penny said...

cute cards. I love this stamp set, it's one of my favorites and came with my consultant kit scrapbook add on pack.

laos348 said...

What a great set of cards! I have had those types of days too - those cards certainly turned out right though!

Unknown said...

That's a gorgeous set. Love all of them.

Felicia said...

That set is just perfect!

Shirley said...

Awesome set of beautiful cards!