Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Farmville and Fishville Fun!

Ok, admit it....do you spend time on Facebook playing Farmville, Fishville, Yoville, Mafia Wars.....So many of us do... :o)
Yesterday, when trying to think of a card that I should make, I paused to "harvest my crops" and came up with this idea!


For those of you not familiar with the Facebook games, let me explain. The goal of all of the games (they are all basically the same, just a different theme) is to befriend as many people as you can to be your "neighbor" and play along with you. The more neighbors the more points and options you have to grow your farm or fish tank. :o) This card was made as a "hello" for all of my "neighbors."

The card is done on a 6 x 6 inch base of textured Colonial White. The edges are ink distressed. The next layer is Brown Bag that that has been scored, sanded and ink distressed. The barn image was heat embossed in cocoa and watercolored. "Howdy Neighbor" was stamped in Brown Bag on Twill ribbon. (Both the barn and sentiment are from the CTMH My Acrylix set called "Howdy.) The Garden Green pattern paper is from the Passages B/T Paper packet. The pearls at the top are called Opaques and are a little tiny sneak peak at embellishments to come in the Fall Idea Book.

So, I say "Howdy" to everyone....Farmville....Fishville or anyone out there as I call everyone my Neighbor! For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: